I thought it was about time I emptied the contents of my bathroom cupboard, and shared some of my favourite products that I can’t live without, both old faithfuls and recent love affairs, all have come to find a place in my daily and weekly skincare and makeup regime.
Make me up; Essentials I can’t live without on a daily basis and that are usually packed in my carry-on luggage when travelling, because I simply can’t imagine losing them.
1. Chanel Mat Lumiere – Perfect for my oily yet ageing skin (yes I’m still getting breakouts at 31)
2. Mecca luminous tinted sunscreen – Perfect for Summer when you don’t want to wear a lot of makeup, and it gives you a subtle glow.
3. Nars multiple stick in Copacabana – This I use everyday on cheeks, bridge of my nose and brow bone.
4. YSL Touche éclat – A must have complexion highlighter, this one never leaves my handbag.
Moisture Fix; I’m all for natural ingredients and these are my go-to for supple smooth skin, added bonus; they smell amazing!
1. Grown Alchemist Vanilla & Orange Peel hand cream – Another handbag essential.
2. Aesop Pettigrain Hydrating body gel – Probably my favourite for after sun.
Healthy addictions; These are the best I have come across and since I’m battling oily skin but also developing fine lines I need hydration, but not too much.
1. Aesop Parsley seed hydrating serum – This I only use occasionally but I love the lightness of the serum and the fact that it’s all natural.
2. Sunday Riley good genes – I’m not sure how I lived without this, I discovered this product about 2 months ago and am completely addicted, it really is a miracle worker, I use this under my normal daily moisturiser.
3. Kosmea rose hip oil – Again I use this a couple of times a week and I even love using it at night on my legs as a moisturiser.
4. Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peel pads – I use these once a week at night, another recent discovery and one that has changed my skin dramatically for the better.
Haircare; My hair is pretty low maintenance although having a fringe has it’s issues some days. Having never been dyed it really only needs a good cut now and again to keep the ends healthy.
1. Toni&Guy sea salt spray – This smells delicious and fresh, plus it gives the perfect messy beach hair all year round.
2. Toni&Guy Dry Shampoo – Lets face it washing and drying hair is a few hours out of anyones night so I usually skip a wash and this is the perfect refresher for tired hair. Again it’s the best smelling dry shampoo I have come across and works like charm.
3. Moroccan Oil – The only ‘Treatment’ type product I use, it definitely revitalises the ends.
4. Kevin Murphy un.dressed – A great light weight paste for adding a little texture and mess to your hair, this is also light enough to add to my fringe so it’s not so blow dry perfect. A little goes along way.
Hydrate; last but not least, the essential step in healthy skin and hair, loads of water!
1. Antipodes Sparkling.