With Summer on it’s way I thought I would create a series of posts centred around, ‘Summer Essentials’. Over the next few weeks I’ll share with you my Summer essentials in Beauty, skin/body care, wardrobe and home.
When it comes to Summer I like to keep my makeup routine short & sweet, beach friendly and most importantly fresh. Aside from the usual foundation or BB cream (of which everyone has their own preference, dependant on what you like; dewy, matte, full coverage etc) these beauty items are high on my list of ‘can’t live without’
1. I prefer to keep my skin fresh looking, with little blush or bronzer and neutral shades on the eyes, so when it comes to prepping my skin I’m all for an illuminating base. Le Blanc by Chanel is my favourite and this bottle has lasted me well over 2 years… a little goes a long way.
2. I have fairly light eyelashes, so very rarely go without Mascara. Shocking by YSL is my splurge however for the budget conscious, I’m also a fan of Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express. And of course the all important eyelash curler helps for achieving the perfect lashes.
3. A Nude lipstick is my best friend in Summer, NARS Venus Blonde is my go to, choosing a colour definitely depends on your skin tone. I’m also a fan of Tom Ford in Sable Smoke, Dior Rouge in Angelique Beige & YSL 06 Rose
4. Summer Scent For Her by Narcisco – Musk, Rose with Woody base notes. I’m not one to stick to a single signature scent either, so I usually have a couple on rotation.
5. Last but by no means least, Touche Eclat Radiant Touch by YSL is the saving grace for dark spots and circles under the eyes, and a little dab between the top lip and nose never goes a stray.